Claims for Unpaid Wages
If you or your fellow employees have been asked to work off the clock, denied minimum wage or overtime, or denied meal and rest breaks, then you may have the right to sue for labor and employment claims.
Other wage and hour claims include:
- underpayment of wages due to an employer’s policy of paying employees for rounded time entries rather than actual time-clock entries;
- failure to raise workers’ overtime rate of pay to account for bonuses, shift differential, or commissions above hourly pay;
- failure to fully reimburse for necessary business expenses incurred in the performance of job duties;
- failure to compensate employees for time spent donning and doffing protective gear before clocking in before their shifts begin, walking to and from their work stations, and after clocking out at the end of the shift;
- failure to pay prevailing wages for work performed on public works projects;
- failure to timely pay all wages owed at termination (3 days for voluntary separation, same day for involuntary termination);
- failure to pay all accrued vacation wages at termination;
- failure to pay separate minimum wage for non-productive time when paying under a piece-rate system or commission sales employees, including the requirement to pay separate hourly pay for rest periods.
- Failure to pay state or local minimum wage. As of January 1, 2018, minimum wage in California is $11.00 per hour for companies of 26 or more employees and $10.50 per hour for companies of 25 or fewer. Many counties have higher minimum wage requirements.
We understand wage and hour laws and our attorneys can inform you about all your legal options.
Minimum Wage, Overtime, Commissions, Denied Meal and Rest Period, and Expense Reimbursement Class Actions
Our wage and hour lawyers know from experience that when a company treats one employee unfairly, they usually treat the group of employees unfairly. Wage and hour class action attorneys file employment class action lawsuits on behalf of employees who have been cheated of commissions, meal and rest periods, expense reimbursements, minimum wages, overtime wages, and regular wages by their employers. Attorneys at Cohelan Khoury & Singer are leaders in class action litigation in California employment matters as well as nationwide claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Learn More in A Free, Confidential Consultation
Serving San Diego, Orange County, Los Angeles, Sacramento, the Bay Area and throughout California
If your employer has treated you unfairly and you believe you have been subjected to wrongful termination, discrimination, or harassment. We are here to help. Please contact us today for a free consultation and case evaluatio. Please call us at 888 808-8358 to arrange an appointment.